Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mani + Recall = ???

Mani has a terrible recall. I mean terrible. He knows that I want him, but sniffing around is so much better. On lead he is 100%. So there is relatively no way to train him. if he knows he is on a long lead he will come every time. If I take him off he is gone sniffing and marking and having fun, totally oblivious of me.

We are going to work on some of that today. At his agility class, he had the 'zoomies' really bad. It was so embarrassing. After we were done with one obstacle he would go off sniffing and marking. Did I mention he learned to mark from a female Pomeranian at the dog park? Not cool! Now he does it all the time outside.

Well anyway, we are going to work on recall. Or at least getting him to stay within a couple steps of my area, for agility.

No comments: