Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cik and Cap Turns

Mani and I have been working on Silvia Trkman's Cik and Cap Turn.

Mani knows how to go around object, we are working on him understanding the difference in commands (left and right around objects). We were doing really well one day then suddenly he started shutting down during training. I have been trying to get him used to turning over the jumps for agility but he keeps shutting down then getting very fearful of the situation. Today was the first real day that we got anything done without him shutting down. He knows cik (left around an object) really well. He just does not understand the difference for cap (right around an object). He can do a cik really well but then if I add a cap in there he will freak out, even though he knows what to do. Today he did it, but I was luring him the whole way. But he did not shut down and he did not freak out and become fearful. He did loose interest but he did it because I asked him to. Hehe! I think we are really progressing. But I need some more dog treats. Something irresistible. Something that even when he is full or not wanting to train he will because he cannot pass it up. Hmmmmm!

No comments: