Monday, June 29, 2009

Bike Ride and Some More Agility Front Crosses.....

Wow! Just got back from a bike ride on a trail near where we live. And by bike ride I mean, Mani in my bag and us both riding the bike to the trail head, then only me riding the bike along the trail and ¾ of the way home, with Mani running beside, then he and I both ride the bike (Mani in my bag again) the rest of the way home. Hehe! It was cool enough to go out and get some exercise so I just got up and left. Really without thinking about it. Now I want some ice cream!

Before I left I uploaded a video to youtube. It is of me running my agility trainer's dog to practice my front crosses. Mani was doing great on the first cross, then on the second one he would avoid the jump just before I would make the cross. So in order to see if the problem was me (trying to cross too soon) or Mani (not liking the cross at all) she had me run her dog. Her dog is a highly experienced Bichon Frise. She competes with her in agility. It was so much fun. I could sort of relax and trust her to go through the tunnel all the way, and make it over all of the jumps (and go out if needed). I hope Mani gets to that point soon! I cant wait. Everyone who has seen Mani says that he will be ready to compete in no time (I think by that they mean within this year). I just hope Mani and I can prove them right!


No comments: