Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Agility Class

We have another agility class on Friday, in the morning. I cant wait, I just hope it isnt too hot. Mani does not do well in the heat. I tried to do some training today with him and he did really well. First time in about 2 weeks that he did not shut down when doing a certain tricks. He became very fearful of the trick then just the training. So I think he may be comming out of it finally.

We were working on front crosses, well I trained Mani to Silvia Trkmans turn jumps. So I do those while our trainer has us doing something else. I guess I will have to tell her about that. =)) Anyway, he did not shut down, but ot was so hot that he knew I just wanted him to do it for a little while. I am trying to build his tolerance of running and working in the heat. I take him out in short little burst to run, then we go back in get some water and rest. I think I will take him out bike riding again later on today. After the heat from the sun dies down just a little bit.

Our trainer says that with the way Mani is and how far advanced he is right now, he may be able to compete in August at a TDAA trial. I cant wait. But that is as long as I can be more coordinated. There is an agility trial at a park near me in a couple weeks. I would really like to go, but my parents are going to be out of town so I will not be able to get a ride there. Oh well, maybe next time :(

No comments: