Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mani Agility Training Log - Entry 1

Mani’s first agility class was June 23, 2009. We had a morning class scheduled, but the trainer was sick so it was cancelled. She called later, after seeing a doctor, and said that it was nothing contagious, just bad allergies. She wanted to reschedule for that night. Too hot to train during the day.

Mani did exceptionally well; she was blown away. She was so happy with what he already knew and what he could do. He surprised me by doing a tunnel completely turned around. His usual M.O. for the tunnel is to go half-way then stop in the middle, turn around and go out the entrance. As long as I run next to him by the tunnel, he will go the whole way. In agility I will be running anyway so not a huge issue.

We worked on a lot of things, front crosses, A-Frame, Dog Walk, tunnel, and some jump sequences. Mani did famously on all. He was not afraid of the height of the A-Frame or dog walk he loves to jump he just has trouble with direction. I think I had the most trouble though. I would guide and treat with the wrong hands. I am so uncoordinated. :(((

Mani and I also need to work on target training on a small plastic lid that I can send him to after an obstacle. That will be the next 21 Day video. I really need to catch up on that. I am 3 days behind so far. But it ends tomorrow! YAY!!! Did i mention this 21 Day thing is hard?!

No comments: