Friday, July 10, 2009

More Agility

Wow, busy week. I have family coming into town to stay with us. Saturday Mani and I are staying with our agility instructor again. We just love her! She is having an agility party Sat night. We might go dock diving on Sat, but I don't want Mani to be tired, so probably not. I really want to work on Mani's focus on me. Since there are going to be other dogs there, dogs he does not know, he is not even going to know I am there. I am hoping he will not be that bad, but he might be. I have been working on his recall, and I can finally say that in a grassy area with just scent distractions and only me and him he will come when called about 85% of the time. Yay! I know he will probably not be that good with dog distractions. At the most he will come when called, 22% of the time if there is a dog in sight. I just hope he can focus enough to get through a run at the party and stay near me until I can grab him. Keep those fingers crossed.


Mani's new favorite agility obstacle is a pin wheel. He loves them. The first time we did it he went around the pin wheel then up the dog walk, then away from me to the pin wheel again. Don't understand him. Just hoping he will perform in Saturday night.


OH! I forgot to tell the results of my run at the trial. I did horrible. Hehe! Roxy, the Bichon Frise that I was running, would not follow my direction. At the start line she did not want to come with me, then she went the wrong way over a wrong jump (that might have been more my fault) then at the end she missed a jump and finished big! Everyone was very encouraging. But another way to look at it, I did not do any warm up with her before we went on. She knew I did not have any food and she did not understand that I was going to run her. And we did the serpentine perfectly! My very first time. Anyway, it wasn't all bad. I guess.

No comments: