Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leaving. . .

We are leaving tomorrow for TDAA Nationals. We are driving all the way to Wisconsin. I am getting nervous already. Not looking forward to the cold weather. The place that we are staying at is right on Lake Michigan. This is our very first big agility event, our first large size dog event in general.

My goals for Friday are to gain 2 titles, intermediate games and standard. We can do it. We only need one great run in each. For that Mani needs to get his weaves together!

We were unable to practice due to rain. But we did have a breakthrough in training! I can send him to the weave while he is running. He has consistently been getting his entry correct. But he does not like to weave with me behind him, but that is not an issue right now. I am just happy that I don't have to walk him into the weaves anymore. He still prefers me on the right side of the weaves, but he will weave with me on the left, he will just pout his way through them. :(

The only thing that I can hope for from him is that he is focused on me, fast, happy, confident, and just plain crazy.

People want to play and pet him all the time, and that is very distracting for him. Especially if he find one person he like more than the others, like the judge! That is the perfect person to want to snuggle with in the middle of running a course. But with a face like this who wouldn't want to snuggle.

1 comment:

christy said...

hi, i saw your wonderful 'mani tricks video' on youtube. you're a great trainer and mani a great dog. i'll be watching and hoping you both go far! i used to own german shepherds which are wonderful dogs. my last dog was a bichon; she was nearly 15 when she died recently. i'd love to get a papillon. is there a breeder you might recommend?

thanks so much,
christy