Saturday, August 22, 2009

TDAA Trial

Well I haven’t written in a LONG time. I can’t even remember what I was supposed to say. I guess I will start with the trial.

Mani and I attended a TDAA Trial on August 15th &16th.

We did great! He was a little slow but that did not stop us from getting Q’s and Placing 3rd in ever standard run on Saturday. We also received our Beginner Standard Title. TBAD! Mani has a new name Pilot Mandolin Rain CGC TBAD “Mani”. I love it! I was blown away with how well he did.

Beginner Standard 1


Beginner Standard 2


On Sunday, we moved up to Intermediate. I was so nervous, there are no weave poles allowed in beginner, but they are required in Intermediate. He does not have very good weaves. Our first run was great. But after the weaves they had a tunnel, then a table. I was so excited about the weaves, when he did them perfectly, that I pushing into the tunnel then onto the table too fast that he slipped off the table. Then he popped right back on. The rest of the run was perfect. We placed 1st but did not Q because of the fault.

The next run was a disaster; he reverted back to his old self and forgot I was there. He jumped onto the timers lap, then tried to get free snuggles from the scribe. He jumped up and down and begged at the judge’s feet. Then he decided that instead of a standard run he was going to turn it into a gamble and started making up his very own special course. After getting him back, finally, we finished the course and still managed to place 1st. The last run was a game and he was so tired we got a score of –5.

Somehow we still managed to receive Intermediate High in Trial on Sunday. I was very happy!