Friday, August 7, 2009

Agility Run Thru

Mani and I are going to our very first agility run thru tomorrow. I cant wait, although I hate getting up early. This is what is really going to tell me whether or not he is ready to start competing now, or if we need more time. Whatever the answer, we are still going to the trial on the 15th. Mani is doing 5 standard runs and 1 game. I cant wait! I am so excited! After the trial though we are going to work on new skills and fine tuning old ones. We really need to work on weaves. He can do 12 poles but he may miss a pole here and there. I am going to start all over with the training, just go right back to the beginning. Then I want a rear cross with him. I have very badly timed front crosses and a rear cross would be perfect sometimes, especially with Mani when I dont know whether or not I can catch or keep up with him to get the cross in. Then I also want him to know a 'go on'. He does not listen to my body as much as I would have liked. So I do need a lot of verbal commands. Anyway, I will most likely have video and pictures of tomorrow's run thru. I will also blog tomorrow, because the run thrus are over at 11am. So I will have the rest of the day to sleep. Hehe!

No comments: