Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weave Challenge

So a few weeks ago Twister learned how to weave and has been consistently weaving six poles. This is pretty much my first time training a dog to weave, as Mani learned to weave in 7min. But it took Twister about a month to finally get it down.
Same with the teeter, Twister learned an AWESOME teeter performance in 4 months; Mani got a mediocre teeter performance in the 5min obstacle familiarization before our first trial.



So this has been a big learning process for me. Here is a video of Twister weaving six in line poles for the first time.





Since then we have been working and I really want to get him to have really nice independent weaves. So then I read this blog post by bordergirlsmom of Agility Adventures Blog and I am going to do this weave challenge and post videos and updates here. Here is another link to some updates by her and other people doing the weave challenge!


I am writing this post before I can change my mind and quite! I tried to do some of the challenges yesterday; Mani was great, just perfect. For some reason Twister was being EVIL!! I mean, besides being his usually monstrous banshee self, he was being EXTRA EVIL!!

I am going to give it a try everyday this week, and hopefully get a video out this Friday!!

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

Wow you did an awesome job! He looks great. I love it when they both went through. So cute. Good luck in the challenge.